Friday, June 4, 2010

lithe giving


It's June and it's hot. Last year at this time I was working out like a mad woman in preparation for our June wedding. What I would give to have known about Lithe at that time... But now I'm in it and loving it.

I'm not even sure what I expected from the Lithe experience when I first began. I knew it would be a tough workout and I knew it got really great reviews. I've created a list of the amazing things I've gained...

What I never expected (in no particular order):

1. The community of women I would look forward to seeing each week.

2. The definition in my arms. (last year I had such a poor perspective on my arms that I actually considered that I wasn't the type of gal who could get away w/ sleeveless options no matter how much cardio I did...)

3. The instructors would not only be inspirational - but also kind.

4. That I would survive if I never step on a scales again (pre-Lithe it was a daily thing)

5. I'm totally ok with the fact that my legs and butt have gotten bigger b/c it's muscle not the other stuff...

6. How strong I feel!

7. That I look forward to working out - even the days I don't have a Lithe class I'm still sweating it out on my own.

8. The direct correlation between food and exercise. (It sounds so obvious but I actually think about what I'm eating every single day and don't hate myself if I opt for a little desert once in a while. It's just become a lifestyle!)

9. I now run on my tready w/o shoes!

10. I'm so connected to the Lithe routine and miss it when I can't make a class.

4 comments:

  1. Carmen- I am so happy you found Lithe! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this blog, Carm. You've always been strong, positive, gorgeous gal who totally inspires me, and I love that you've found Lithe so positive for you.

    (Also I envy your gold Havaians - I have the same pair in a too-big-gives-me-blisters 10. So sad they're not the flops for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Carrie's congrats on finding Lithe! Great post, Carmen.

    ReplyDelete