Monday, July 12, 2010

just dance

A dancer I am not. Not even a little bit... I do like to bust a move at the occasional wedding or in my car when Lady Gaga is singing it to me straight - but I'm not aaaannnyyy kind of dancer in real life. Ellen DeGeneres described my skills pretty well when she said that everyone has about 5 dance moves and they cycle through them w/ slight tweaks to extent the repertoire. That's me. I've got probably 5... mayyybe 6 but that depends on whether or not alcohol is involved.

This weekend we watched our friends say their I Do's before it was time to dance our asses off. The dj was ready - the bridal party was moving - the guests were out of their seats. Mr. C is no stranger to the dance floor (another reason I love him so much). He is a dancing machine and his 5 moves are done with tons of gusto making it all the more fun! As we were all enjoying the music I paused to think about the cardio workout I was getting. Then it hit me that I had probably done about 3 million liberties (ok - so my opposite leg wasn't that high in the air but you get it) and probably just as many calf pumps! I'm not joking when I say I was just waiting for Thriller so I could get in an arm workout (palms facing the floor!).

Sigh... Lithe of the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment