Wednesday, August 4, 2010

myth busted

My biggest concern about going no dairy was what I would do about breakfasts. I'm a firm, firm believer in eating breakfast every morning and my body depends on that nurishment to begin my day. Each morning I have 1/2 cup organic, nonfat, plain yogurt and I add fresh berries with my cup of nut flavored coffee (1/2 splenda). It's become such a habit for me and it's integrated into my morning routine. When the no dairy idea was presented I immediatly bulked at the thought of giving that up - not because I'm married to yogurt but b/c I thought I would need to cook up a huge breakfast every morning which is completely unrealistic for me. I thought my only other option was to eat granola or something... ohhh how wrong and silly I was!

Now, 1 1/2 weeks in I'm so over the notion of yogurt for breakfast and I don't even miss it! I've since restructured my routine and (really how hard was it??) I'm getting so much more from my moring meal. I've since moved to a hardboiled egg, tomato slices, and a piece of fruit (either a peach or an apple right now - got to love the summer peaches!).


I have to tell you that I feel satisfied every morning! See ya yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment