Wednesday, August 18, 2010

there's a revolution

A gal pal and I were talking last night when she absentmindedly spoke the 3 words I've never heard before: You're. So. Skinny. I didn't know what to say. Me? Skinny? Ummm... I've never been called skinny before and by society's standards I am not. I'm curvy. I've got boobs, a butt, and a soft stomach and that's probably not going to change ( and anyway, I've come to love my boobs and butt so skinny isn't really what I hear - ever ). She followed up with: Carmen, you've got an amazing body. What?!? GASP! No way! There's been a mistake!!

Her words made me stop and think... I'm probably the healthiest I've ever been and constantly preach about the importance of loving your body. But, how kind am I to the body I've been given? Do I tell myself that I'm beautiful? Ehhh probably not - certainly not as much as I should. It's crazy! I'm so quick to tell a friend that she's stunning but I brush over compliments given to me. Better yet I make an excuse for that compliment - "ohh she just said that because I got a new dress" or "oh thank God she didn't see the giant zit on my forehead." I'm pretty quick to point out when I'm having a bad hair day or when my jeans are feeling snug.

Have you done the same? Enough. Enough! I've blogged about being kind to ourselves but let's step it up. I'm looking for a kindness revolution. Embrace your shape and love on it. Tell yourself today that you are AMAZING and believe it. Hold it inside and feel it - because it's real. Now doesn't that feel nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment