Tuesday, August 3, 2010

up. state.

(view from our porch)
Good morning! Good morning! It's week 2 of no dairy. Is it? Is it really week 2? Well ok so I cheated just a little bit (I think). Over the weekend Mr. C. and I went to upstate New York and while I was really careful about my food choices I do think that there were some slips. We grabbed food on the drive up and while I tried to make smart choices (subbing out mashed potatoes for carrots and steamed brocolli and opting for vinagarette dressing rather than ranch) I'm pretty sure there was some heavy butter in the preparation... Also on the schedule was a county fair. It wasn't hard to avoid dairy here b/c everything was fried... yikes! I was proud of myself for completely avoiding the ice cream stands (small victory!) and only induldged in 1 fried oreo (rationalle: I've never had one and wanted to see what all the hype was about) and a small cookie. After the fair, Mr. C and I grabbed real food and I selected a salad - hold the cheese and I felt great. Normally I would've overindulged and felt bloated and tired for the rest of the evening.

When we returned to reality on Sunday evening, Mr C asked if I wanted to order something but I declined and said I would rather just make some stir fry w/ venison. I just wanted something that I had cooked - I knew exactly what was in it. This is so new for me. I've never been one to really pass up a takeout opportunity but the last few months have been different. It's cheaper, healthier, and in most cases, tastier!

How am I feeling? I feel totally fine. Have I lost any weight? Not a ton. I certainly think that this is a lifestyle I can carry on. Just to note, I've been running while cutting dairy. Unfortunately my schedule has been really crazy so Lithe has been on hold. I miss it but I figure I'll be back next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment