Monday, May 10, 2010

feel the burn


This morning I realized I hadn't blogged much last week. No particular reason, I've still been lithing away! In fact, I've added incline, interval runs as well and was able to run 5 days last week in addition to 5 Lithe classes. It was a really great week. For the first time in my life I actually look forward to working out and count it as the highlight of my day. I'm also seeing really great results.

Yesterday was High Mini and I was feeling pretty tired Sunday morning. Mr. C was at a bachlor party all weekend and I was loving the fact that I had the whole bed to myself. Regardless of my sleepy eyes, I knew I wanted to be at class. Let me tell you, it was so great! I felt strong. I felt like my form was on - I couldn't be stopped. I believe it was during one of the (many) jump series that I noticed that I looked tight and toned. Could it be that I was wearing black or was I actually toning up in a noticeable way? I finished class and Krista called me over. "Carmen, you're looking really toned," she told me. She said she looked over at me and thought, "Go Carmen!" and wanted to remember to tell me after class. I am elated! I said that I had noticed too but wasn't sure if it was the mirrors in the room or if it was a visible change (and yes I hugged her!).

Yes, Lithe Method is life changing. I feel really good and am beginning to see my body more differently than I ever have before. The love/hate partnership of the past is actually beginning to fade away. I'm enjoying what I have and have an understanding of what it takes to be healthy. Exercise doesn't have to be a chore. It can be fun and relaxing - and stress relieving. I once read that you have to sweat to lose weight. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment