Tuesday, May 18, 2010

the sounds of high mini

Some people wake up to Michael Jackson running through their head... others Lady Gaga... some maybe Cat Stevens... me? This morning I woke to the chant of High Mini: Shuffle! Shuffle! Shuffle - knee up! Shuffle! Shuffle! Shuffle - knee up!

I kid you not - this is how my morning began! It makes me smile to think about it. Needless to say, tonight IS my High Mini class. Maybe my body already knows what is in store.

So where am I with all this Lithing and cardio business? I feel very strong and healthy. Do I feel like I've lost inches? Not really - yet. What does the scale read? I refuse to use the scale. So while I can feel a difference I'm not totally sure the difference is noticeable. I mentioned that Krista said she noticed a difference during High Mini (a week or so ago) and last night I received an email from Carrie saying I look toned and tiny! Made my day! It's great that the instructors notice a difference but is it something the outside world can see? Not sure.

I'm planning to bring my workout clothes to Punta Cana. I've told myself that if I can work out at least 3 of the 5 days (since 2 days are pretty heavy travel days) - I'll be doing well. It is vacation so I don't want to be too hard on myself.

Last night after class and my cardio session, I was all about packing. It started out with me throwing every favorite dress that I own into my luggage... Then I realized that I needed to get organized and EDIT. I figured out outfits for each day (complete w/ jewelry and shoes) so that I can mix and match without toting my entire closet out of the country. It was a success! I feel good about what I'm taking and I am proud to say I'm being fairly minimal!

Can you tell I'm so excited for a vacation??

1 comment: