Tuesday, May 4, 2010

know thyself

Last night's class was wonderful. I pumped it up to the heavier wrist weights and kicked some butt! Carrie is a stickler for form and I love her for it. When you're so concentrated on the form the reps feel so much stronger. After I got home from class I decided to do an interval incline run (run/walk). While I said I was only going to add 1 more piece of cardio, I might increase that to really stretch myself.

As I sit here and really think about my approach to the month of May I'm again reminded that everyone has to work differently. It's not about working "harder" than someone else but it's about knowing what will work for you. For me, I can't eat cheesesteaks and cake all day long and expect to maintain my weight. My sister, on the other hand, can down a banana split in a blink and then jump into her bikini and swan dive into a pool of pudding (yes S, I'm talking about you!). But, my sister also balances her workouts and has the most amazing body image. She's so great to remind me that Kate Moss, I am not, and shouldn't strive for that look (she gives it to me straight in the most loving possible way). What I can do is remember what workouts work for me - and most importantly - how amazing I feel when I accomplish them. Can you believe I woke up this morning and was excited to work out this evening?? I'm not sure that has happened before.

I'm excited about May. I'm excited that the weather is getting warmer and I'm feeling fit and ready for it. I still need to work on the bathing suit anxiety but... that might take a little time. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, your progress is beyond amazing, the blog looks fantastic. You should share it soon if you want to. This truly so inspirational! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete