Friday, April 2, 2010

changing it up

The last few days have been so beautiful! Spring has sprung and after all the snow storms that Winter 2010 gave us I think we deserve a few days of sun and flowers.

Working out has become such a release for me this week. Work has been stressful so I've found that I look forward to getting out some energy when I get home. Wednesday was my last Lithe 101 class and it was just amazing! Krista was the instructor and she really helped me to work on my form. I felt strong and was able to get through most of the bar work without needing to break. I'm going to try Sculpt on Saturday and I'm so excited for it but also nervous. While at 101 on Wednesday I met a sweet gal who said Sculpt is really fun and a great workout so she confirmed what I already suspected. I'm just nervous because it's my first "official" class... I'll let you know how it goes!

On my off Lithe days I work in some cardio so I'm not completely sedentary. I love to run but the roads around my house don't have shoulders and cars are dangerously close to pedestrians. I've given it a try and felt really nervous thus defeating the relaxing aspect of running. Consequently, I've been confined to my treadmill... until last night! Like I said, the weather is beautiful and I really couldn't take another evening on the tready (no matter what episode of Sex & The City is on demand). The great thing about Lithe is that the workouts inspire me to look around to see how I can use everyday surroundings as an exercise. Do I have a floor? Then I can do push ups and crunches!

Then it hit me... I have a deck! I live on a hill! I have 2 sets of steps outside (one set leading up a hill to the front door and the other set leading up to the deck)! It's ON. Sprint up the steps to the deck, back down and sprint up the steps on the hill and back down = 1 set. My original goal was to get through 20 sets but I killed that goal and ended up doing 50! I'm so proud of myself for thinking outside the box, getting outside and for exceeding my goal.

I'm looking forward to the weekend of more beautiful weather and Lithe on Saturday and Sunday! Have a wonderful Easter.

(I've also attached a picture of Bear... I caught him drinking my water but had to snap a picture before I helped him to get his head out of the glass.)




No comments:

Post a Comment